Fellowship Baptist Church of Mason City, Iowa collection
Scope and Contents
This collection spans from the church's inception in 1979 to 1983. The Ledger primarily holds church business meeting minutes. The Scrapbook is held in a red spiral notebook, and holds newspaper clippings, photographs, and bulletins. The Administrative Records folder contains the church's constitution, by-laws, and certificate of incorporation. The Mission Board folder holds materials related to the board's involvement in establishing the church. The General folder contains correspondences, statistics, and other material. The Bulletins from church services range from November 4, 1979 to May 22, 1983.
- 1979 - 1983
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for researcher use.
Fellowship Baptist Church's first services were held on November 4, 1979 at the Seventh-day Adventist Church on Northeast 9th Street and Kentucky Avenue, where the congregation rented. Rev. Walton Johnson served as pastor. In January 1982, they moved to 1807 South Kentucky Avenue, leasing from the Calvary Alliance Church. The church is now closed.
.5 Cubic Feet
Language of Materials
The original and donated order of this collection is unknown.
This collection came from Fellowship Baptist Church to the History Center, but the date of donation and the chain of custody is unknown. It was transferred from offsite storage to the History Center in August 2020.
- Fellowship Baptist Church in Mason City, Iowa collection
- Rebekah Bain
- May 2022
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
Part of the The History Center: Archives of Bethel University and Converge Repository
3900 Bethel Drive
Arden Hills MINNESOTA 55112 United States